Lilypie
Lilypie Notes:
Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Friday, September 25, 2009

5 more days


We are getting close now, only 5 more days. I really hope they don't go to slow, I don't think I can take much more waiting. I think it will be okay though, this week has gone by really fast, so I am confident the last few days will as well.

We are all done packing, and I am so proud of myself and Renee. We have everything we need in 2 forty-five pound suitcases.  We pride ourselves on traveling light, and even with a lot of stuff for the boys we have done it again.

A friend of ours called us the other day, she and her husband has picked up their daughter in China a few months ago, and she asked is we were ready and if everything was done, but then she said, "Wait, look who I am asking, of course you are done." So I guess we have a bit of a reputation, but we have waited for this time for so long, and we are so ready. We are a little scared about actually having the kids, and being parents; but excited to begin this journey.

I will post a picture of us and our luggage later today. Its early and Renee has not even woken up yet. I will also update after we have the conference call with the people we are traveling with.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Good job you guys! I am packing this weekend and plan to be done on Monday :) We have TONS of bags! I have received so many donations from work (which is awesome), but means we have a lot of extra luggage. I think our stuff will fit into 2 large suitcases, plus 2 carry-on bags/backpacks (we are not light packers), but then we have three huge duffle bags of donations. I told my mother-in-law she has to fit all her stuff in 1 suitcase, so that our extra bag can count as her 2nd checked bag and we don't have to pay for it. Funny huh?

Frostclan said...

We had planned on checking two large suitcases and taking two carry-ons, until we found out that the carry-ons can only be 15lb with Ethiopian Airlines. Guess we'll be checking four suitcases and only taking a change of clothes and all our essentials as carry-ons.